The Police Department also works directly with residents and business owners to provide security for businesses and events on private property. Below is a brief outline of the requirements for hiring off-duty officers:
- The minimum rate of pay is $30 per hour, with a 3-hour minimum
- The number of officers is determined by the Police Department’s Special Event Coordinator and is based on the size and type of the event.
- The business or event must be located inside the Cheraw city limits.
- The officers pay will need to be paid by 4pm on the day before the event. The Special Event Coordinator can collect the money if the officer is not available at the time of payment.
- The Cheraw Police Department Special Event Coordinator needs at least 7 days advance notice to allow for scheduling.
For more information, contact the Police Department’s Special Events Coordinator Captain Julius Riley at 843-537-7868.